Tuesday, July 15, 2014

BUMPDATE (25 Weeks!)


Baby's Growth: This week Connor is the size of a Cauliflower!

How I'm feeling: Overall I'm feeling pretty good. I'm experiencing some back pain again but nothing close to what I experienced during the first trimester. I'm starting to get to the point where it's comical to get comfortable once I lay down but I'm still sleeping pretty well once I fall asleep. 

Cravings: I'm still eating a lot of watermelon and I've also been eating more apples. I'm loving fruit these days and I'm also craving comfort foods like corn bread and fried okra. This Oklahoma girl misses fried okra. And of course, I'm counting down the days 'til I go to Oklahoma in August and get to have my snow cone! 

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope! Well, if you count the glucose test I took this morning then yes :) but other than that no food aversions! I won't know the results of the glucose test for a day or so, I really hope I passed and don't have to take the three hour test, the one hour one was bad enough!

Sleep: Still sleeping well!

Miss anything? One thing I've noticed a lot lately is that I can't get as much done without feeling tired like I could before I was pregnant. I'm not feeling as productive as I normally like because by the time dinner time rolls around I'm pretty exhausted. As a result, I feel like I've got an endless to do list. I miss having more energy.

Clothes: All maternity. 

Movement: Oh yes! Today he kicked so hard I actually saw my stomach move! That was a first!

Gender: BOY! 

Belly button in or out: In!
Wedding rings on or off? I've officially retired my wedding ring and am wearing my nana's wedding ring instead.
Favorite moment this week: Sunday afternoon we cleaned out the guestroom to make way for the nursery. Just putting the first few pieces of furniture in there got me really excited. I'm having a fun time getting the nursery ready for our little boy.
Most looking forward to: Doing some more baby shopping this weekend and continuing to work on Connor's room.

2 comments:

  1. I am a bit confused.... Glucose testing? TOOK AN HOUR?.... have had innumerable A1C's and sugar testing over the years (DIABETES! to quote Wilford Brimley) They normally derive a result in minutes if not seconds.... WHAT GIVES..... from your concerned FIL....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a standard test they make you take in the second trimester :( You go in, drink something that tastes like flat orange pop mixed with about 5 cups of sugar, wait one hour and then they draw your blood to see how you processed the sugar. I'm sure there's a simpler way, but that's the common practice. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete