Tuesday, July 29, 2014

BUMPDATE (27 Weeks!)


I've entered the home stretch! The third and final trimester has arrived. The third trimester start date is an interesting thing...some books say it starts as early as 26 weeks, some say 27 and some say 28. Confusing right? Well, I divided 40 weeks into thirds (which makes sense to me since a trimester is a third of something) and came up with the third trimester starting just before 27 weeks. So I'm going with the 27 week crowd just to make things simple. Third trimester it's good to see you!

Baby's Growth: This week Connor is the size of a Rutabaga. Don't know what that looks like? (It's OK, I didn't). Here's a link to a picture if you're curious http://pregnant.thebump.com/pregnancy-week-by-week/27-weeks-pregnant.aspx 

How I'm feeling: Overall still pretty good. I'm having your typical pregnancy aches and pains (hello back ache) and I'm moving quite a bit slower these days but I'm not terribly uncomfortable yet.

Cravings: Cherries. I would crave the most expensive fruit you can buy. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope! 

Sleep: Still sleeping pretty well! I'm definitely getting more tired these days though, but naps here and there definitely help!

Miss anything? Once again, I miss being able to bend over comfortably. This past weekend I had to have Brooks take off my toe nail polish because I couldn't do it myself (thanks babe, you're the best). Seriously, not being able to do simple things like paint my own toes - I miss that. But at the end of the day it's all worth it because I'm growing a healthy little boy. I was telling Brooks earlier today, until I was pregnant, I'd never loved someone that I've never met. I love this little boy so much already.

Clothes: All maternity. 

Movement: Oh yes! Connor loves to move. And he apparently loves the cherries I've been craving because he always moves a lot right after I eat them.

Gender: BOY! 

Belly button in or out: In!
Wedding rings on or off? I've officially retired my wedding ring and am wearing my nana's wedding ring instead.
Favorite moment this week: This past weekend I went into full-blown nesting mode. I did more laundry than I thought possible and got a ton of work done on the nursery. It's not finished yet but it's gradually turning into my absolute favorite room in the house. Below is a little sneak peek :) We hung these two prints today above the dresser. Once the room is finished I plan to do an entire blog post showing it off, so stay tuned!

Most looking forward to: I'm traveling to Tulsa in 3 weeks and I cannot wait to go home!


No comments:

Post a Comment