Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Oh baby!

Now that the news is "officially" out I can finally start this little blog! Brooks and I shared on Sunday via facebook that we are expecting! Baby Huse is due October 28! We found out on February 20 and immediately told our families. Over the next few weeks we slowly started to tell close friends before we put the news out via facebook. Here is our facebook announcement :)
Brooks proposed by spelling out "marry me" on a scrabble board (scrabble is one of our favorite games) so we decided to keep the scrabble tradition going with our baby announcement. I think it turned out great!

While sharing our happy news on facebook is fun, I don't want to bombard facebook with all my pregnancy details, that's where this little blog comes in! Brooks and I have family and friends scattered all over the country so I thought this would be a great place where people who are interested can come and check in with how our new adventure is going. Each week I plan on posting a "bumpdate" and then after the little one arrives I plan on sharing fun weekly family updates. 

So without furthere ado...it's time for my first bumpdate!

BUMPDATE (10 Weeks!)

I'm officially a quarter of the way through this pregnancy. And this week I started to notice my little bump :)
Pardon the selfie, Brooks is out of town or I would have made him take the picture. 


Baby's Growth: This week Baby H is the size of a prune! 

How I'm feeling: Generally not so good. Mornings are ok but I get really nauseous and achy in the afternoons and evenings. And I'm tired pretty much all the time. Gotta love the first trimester! I'm hoping for more energy and less queasiness in the second trimester. 

Cravings: Pancakes! 

Anything making you queasy or sick: I can't stand the smell of green apple jolly ranchers. Just the thought of them makes me feel sick.

Sleep: I could sleep all day. I'm enjoying any sleep I can get while I can :)

Miss anything? Not yet...although I'm sure come the end of October I'm really going to be wanting a nice glass of vino!

Clothes: I still fit into all my pre-pregnancy clothes but I did purchase some maternity things purely for comforts sake. 

Movement: Not yet!

Gender: I've thought from the beginning that it's a boy but my entire family (Brooks included) is convinced it's a girl! We'll just have to wait and see!

Belly button in or out: In!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Favorite moment this week: I finally indulged in my pregnancy craving and had pancakes on Sunday. They were fabulous.
Most looking forward to: My next baby appointment this Friday!




No comments:

Post a Comment